Wednesday 13 July 2011

when genes play catch up

I remember the day my mum turned 30.

I was super excited, afterall it's a Birthday! Yay, cakes and all things nice.

But the mother was gloomy, she was rather prickly and didn't want any mention of her birthday at all.

I got rather confused - what's the big deal about turning 30? It's a birthday and birthday means cake and cake makes a happy girl.

Yes, I do love cake especially the ones with butter cream that makes you extra fat.

Fatty cake makes for an even happier girl :)

Anyway..

Next Monday, I turn 25.

Sigh..

25!? Yesterday I was 19! I don't remember being 20,21,22,23,24..

I never thought this day would come, but the way it is going, the day I turn 30, I would be the same sad woman my mother was 24 years ago when she turned 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment